Kit Carson School
March 11, 2020
Staff & Students:
1. Juniors & Seniors: Sally Lahm will be here March 24 @ 12:30 to do
fittings and take orders for prom tuxedo’s and prom flowers. Please go
to Mrs. G. Dechant’s room if you are interested.
2. Before you use or put anything in the kitchen/refrigerators contact
3. Anyone interested in playing baseball needs to sign up by this
Wednesday, March 11th in the office.
4. Juniors/Seniors that will be bringing an out of town date and/or
courtesy date need to have a release form signed by April 1st in order
to attend prom. Please see Ms. Rady or Mrs. Wells to pick-up the form.
5. REMINDER: Elementary Teachers on Wednesdays please take your
students to lunch between 11:15 and 11:20.
6. Old Gym will be unavailable for use from March 30-April 4th for
1. Mar. 11th, PURPLE block schedule
2. Mar. 12th, NO SCHOOL
3. Mar. 12th – 14th, State High School Basketball Tournament at UNC
Mar 12th – Kit Carson vs Ouray at 1:15 UNC
4. Mar. 12th, End of 3rd Quarter, Progress Reports will be sent out
5. Mar. 13th, NO SCHOOL
6. Mar. 16th – 20th, NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
7. Mar. 21st & 22nd, Elementary Basketball Tournament in Kit Carson
8. Mar. 23rd, FFA Rent-A-Hand Auction at 6:30 p.m.
9. Mar. 24th, Child Find Screening/Preschool Enrollment for school
year 2020-21, from 1:30-3 p.m. BOCES will be present for the screening
and children must be 4 yrs. old to enter preschool but must be 5 yrs.
old by June 1st to enter Kindergarten. Please bring immunization
records and birth certificates. Any age of child is welcome for
developmental screening. Please call the school at 719-962-3219 to
schedule your appointment.
10. Mar. 24th, Youth Council will be held at noon in Mrs. G. Dechant’s
11. Mar. 24th, School Board meeting at 7 p.m.
12. Mar. 28th, HS Track at Lamar
13. Mar. 29th, Hunter Education Class from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. in the Kit
Internet conclusion class only. You must complete online course before
attending this class. Follow prompts from internet address
http://cpw.state.co.us// >Learn>Hunter Education>Classes Online to
register. For more information contact Joel Maxcy 719-342-1487
14. Apr.4th, Prom
15. May 10th, Senior Baccalaureate at 12:30 and Graduation at 2 p.m.
LUNCH MAR 23
Biscuits & Gravy
Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas
Fruit & Milk
Fruit & Milk